(40)Iowa – (32)Nebraska. Nebraska Obviously. All other picks are on the assumption of a Nebraska win.
(8)Stanford – (25) Notre Dame. Get ND out of the top 25.
(11) Michigan State – (29) Minnesota. Michigan State is too far ahead of Nebraska for us to catch up. Minnesota is just three spots ahead. So we need a Sparty victory.
(12) Arizona State – (34) Arizona. An Arizona victory could slingshot the wildcats past Nebraska. So lets root for Arizona State who would likely stay ahead of Nebraska even with a loss.
(22) UCLA – (23) USC. UCLA is an opponent of Nebraska. One of the two will fall behind Nebraska. A UCLA win will also help Nebraska’s strength of schedule.
(20) Louisville – (28) Cincinnati. Both sit ahead of the Huskers and a loss by either would likely drop them behind Nebraska, although not guaranteed if Louisville loses. So we will root for a BearCat loss.
(51) North Carolina – (24) Duke. A North Carolina win likely throws the ACC Coastal division into a 5 way tie. Thats just too much fun to pass up. It also drops Duke behind the Huskers.
(54) Mississippi St. – (26) Ole Miss. A Bulldog win puts the Rebels behind Nebraska and makes Mississippi St. bowl eligible.
(44) Georgia Tech – (27) Georgia. A Yellow Jacket win puts the Bulldogs behind the Huskers. (I’ll still root for the Dawgs!!!)
(47) Texas Tech – (30) Texas. A Red Raider win puts the Longhorns behind the Huskers. Plus its Texas. Need I say more.
(65) Marshall – (31) ECU. A Herd victory puts them in the C-USA Championship and puts the Pirates behind the Huskers.
(5) Missouri – (21) Texas A&M. A Tiger win could …. COULD … put the Aggies behind the Huskers.
(38) Michigan – (3) Ohio State. Catch 22. A Wolverine win improves the Husker’s strength of schedule but could push them past the Huskers.
Penn State – (15) Wisconsin. A Penn State win improves the Husker’s strength of schedule.
(101) Wyoming – (64) Utah State. strength of schedule.
(122) Southern Miss – (106) UAB. strength of schedule.
(104) Purdue – (64) Indiana. strength of schedule.
(81) Arkansas – (17) LSU. A Razorback win (would mean Les Miles has passed away) could ….. COULD get Nebraska past LSU.
(105) USF – (19) UCF. A Bulls win (would mean the Apocalypse is nigh) could …. COULD get Nebraska past UCF.