- Florida State(#1). Win and they get the ACC Automatic bid. Lose and the Seminoles still get an at Large Bid.
- Alabama (#4). The Tide at 11-1 and #4 in the BCS will get an at large bid.
- U.C.F. (#16). Win or lose, the Knights have already claimed the American crown.
- Ohio State (#2). Win and they get the B1G Automatic bid. Lose and the Buckeyes still get an at Large Bid.
- Michigan State (#10). If they win, they get the B1G automatic bid. If they lose, they will most likely still head to Pasadena as the B1G representative to the Rose Bowl …. Unless an SEC Champion or Alabama squeezes past Ohio State and into the National Championship game.
Control Their Own Fate
- Oklahoma State (#6). A win against the Sooners gives the Cowboys earn the Big XII title and automatic bid.
- Auburn (#3). A win in the SEC title game will give Auburn the SEC automatic bid.
- Missouri (#5). A win in the SEC title game will give Missouri the SEC automatic bid.
- Stanford (#7). A win in the PAC title game will give Stanford the PAC automatic bid.
- Arizona State (#11). A win in the PAC title game will give Arizona State the PAC automatic bid.
- Duke (#20). A win in the ACC title game will give Duke the ACC automatic bid.
Almost Control Their Own Fate
- Baylor (#9). If Baylor beats Texas, it is hard to imagine a scenario (other than Duke beating Florida State AND N. Illinois being in the top 14) where a one loss Baylor would be left out. A loss by Oklahoma State and a Baylor win gives them the Big XII crown.
- N. Illinois (#14). If the Huskies beat Bowling Green, it is hard to imagine the series of unfortunate events that could push them out of the BCS top 14.
Need Help But Possible
- Texas (#25). If Texas upsets Baylor AND Oklahoma State falls to Oklahoma, the Longhorns win the Big XII and its automatic bid.
- Oregon (#12). A Northern Illinois loss, Baylor loss and/or Oklahoma State loss, Florida State win, and Stanford win would all be good for Oregon.
- Clemson (#13). A Northern Illinois loss, Baylor loss and/or Oklahoma State loss, and and Florida State win, would all be good for Clemson.
- a 2 loss Oklahoma State (#6). Would need to be able to stay ahead of Oregon, Clemson and Oklahoma in the BCS.
- a 2 loss Baylor (#9). Would need to stay ahead of Oregon and Clemson in the BCS.
- a 2 loss Oklahoma (#17). This would take a miracle. The Sooners would need to absolutely dominate the cowboys, in order to move ahead of Oregon and Clemson.
No Way — No How
- South Carolina (#8). Alabama gets 2nd SEC slot.
- a 2 loss Auburn (#3). Alabama gets 2nd SEC slot.
- a 2 loss Missouri (#5). Alabama gets 2nd SEC slot.
- loser of Stanford (#9) / Arizona State( #11). Oregon would get a 2nd PAC 12 slot if available.
- Duke (#20) if they lose. Clemson would get a 2nd ACC spot if available.
- LSU (#15). Alabama gets 2nd SEC slot.
- UCLA (#17). Oregon would get a 2nd PAC 12 slot if available.
- Louisville (#19). Too far down the rankings.
- Wisconsin (#21). Michigan State will get the 2nd B1G slot.
- Georgia (#22). Alabama gets 2nd SEC slot.
- Fresno State (#23). Too far down the rankings, even with a N. Illinois loss.
- Texas A&M (#24). Alabama gets 2nd SEC slot.
- And everybody else
Most Likely 10
- Florida State
- Ohio State
- Winner Auburn / Missouri
- Winner Arizona St. / Stanford
- Oklahoma State
- Michigan State
- N. Illinois